ReGen Pod-Red Light Therapy
Why? As with any other living creature, our cells need light to survive.
To be more specific, we require red and near-infrared (NIR) light in order to function optimally. These two wavelengths penetrate deep into our tissues, into our cells, tissues, bones, brain and blood. And there, the healing begins.
How? When red and NIR light penetrate our cells, they activate the mitochondria. These organelles float freely within our cells and are known as the cell's powerhouse. Mitochondria produce adenosine tri-phosphate (ATP)--the universal energy supplier that keeps our cells functioning. When you breathe, eat, walk, and sleep, your cells are using ATP. In cells that require massive energy, such as those found in muscles, there can be thousands of mitochondria in just one cell.
There are over 3,000 scientific studies demonstrating the health and anti-aging benefits of red and NIR light therapy.
Top 10 Red Light Therapy Health Benefits
1. Supports weight loss and fat/cellulite reduction. While the exact mechanism is unclear,
it appears that this type of light stimulates blood circulation by triggering production of nitric oxide
and causes fat cells to release their fatty acids back into the bloodstream where it can be burned for
fuel. Red/NIR light therapy has also been shown to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin,
two major proteins found throughout the body that are responsible for the strength and elasticity
of our skin and tissues. Cellulite is caused not only by excess fat, but also unhealthy collagen and
elastin. (When combined with massage, red light therapy resulted in a 71% reduction in cellulite!)
2. Reduces the signs of aging such as wrinkles and skin discoloration. While eating healthy and physical activity in our daily lives is the ultimate anti-aging plan, the years have a way of aging the look of our skin. Reducing these signs of aging through red/NIR light therapy is much better than the unhealthy alternatives. Red light's ability to stimulate the production of collagen and reduce inflammation makes this therapy a potent contender in helping maintain youthful skin.
3. Combats fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. Latest research in fibromyalgia/chronic
fatigue suggests that these conditions are caused, in part, by mitochondrial dysfunction and
increased inflammation in the body and brain. Because of red light's anti-inflammatory effects and
stimulating the production of ATP, it's a potent qualifier as a therapy that increases energy and
4. Improves cognitive performance. Our brains use more energy than any other organ. MRI
scans prove that NIR light photons penetrate the skull, increasing the blood flow to the brain as well
as spurring the mitochondria to produce more ATP. The result is that we possess more clarity and
sharper thinking skills. Even patients with TBI and PTSD have benefited from light therapy.
5. Reduces depression and anxiety. Light therapy has been used for seasonal depression for
decades. When researchers reviewed all existing studies on the treatment of depression and
anxiety with red and NIR light therapy, they found it to be a "promising" treatment for major
depression, anxiety, and traumatic brain disorder.
6. Improves eye and oral health. Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is the number one
cause of vision loss in the U.S. It is a disease that affects more Americans than cataracts and
glaucoma combined. A few benefits for oral health include the ability to fight infections, reduce
pain, reduce thrush (an infection caused by an overgrowth of Candida yeast), and improve tooth
sensitivity. It also speeds up healing following dental procedures.
7. Improves thyroid function. An estimated 20 million Americans have some form of thyroid
disease and approximately 60% of these people do not know that they have thyroid issues yet. Our
thyroid is a major player in our health-regulating our many body functions by continuously
releasing a steady stream of thyroid hormones into the bloodstream. Clinical research is showing
that when a patient with a hypothyroid caused by chronic autoimmune thyroiditis received NIR
light therapy, 47% of them were able to stop taking their thyroid medication completely.
8. Slow hair loss and promote hair growth. There are numerous causes of hair loss, from
thyroid problems to medications and emotional stress. Red and NIR light therapy have been shown
to both regrow and thicken hair in several studies.
9. Combats inflammation. Chronic inflammation has been linked to nearly every disease, from
cancer to Alzheimer's, asthma, and even obesity. Red/NIR light has an anti-inflammatory effect on
the human body. Michael Hamblin, a Harvard researcher who is considered an expert in the field of
red light therapy, has done extensive research on the many mechanisms by which this type of
therapy reduces inflammation in several chronic conditions. Red light therapy offers hope for
today's "modern" diseases.
10. Combats acne bacteria and inflammation. Because of the ability of red light to reduce
inflammation while increasing blood flow, this type of therapy is commonly used to treat acne. The
use of both blue and red light therapy which destroy acne-causing bacteria while reducing the size
of the sebaceous glands and thereby reducing oil.
Red Light Therapy & FDA Approval- The amazing aspect of all of this research is that more
people aren't shouting out the benefits of red light therapy! Even the FDA—the strict government
regulator—has approved red and NIR light therapy for anti-aging, hair-loss reversal, pain relief,
acne treatments, healing wounds, and fat loss.
How Long Should A Red Light Therapy Session Be? Can You Overdose? As with many
things in life, moderation is key. You can overdose on red light therapy; in fact, getting too much
light can negate the benefits. Start slow, a few sessions per week, and work your way up to one
session a day. The time (length of a session) and distance (light from your body) varies depending
on the intent of the treatment and the manufacturer.
The bottom line: Our mitochondria provide 90 percent of the energy that fuels cellular activity and keeps us alive. When we boost our ATP production at this cellular level, we boost our energy at a physical level. Red light isn't a "miracle cure,"